This Tamiya 1/35 scale model kit recreates a domestic-specification Japanese Self Defense Force Light Armored Vehicle. A previous release kit (item 35275) depicted an Iraq PKO spec vehicle. The Light Armored Vehicle is an integral part of Japan Ground Self-Defense Force (JGSDF) infantry units, key to the emphasis placed on mobility by recent policy changes. Around 1,900 in total have been provided to the JGSDF and the JASDF air arm.
• 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Overall length: 128mm.
• Features detailed synthetic rubber depictions of combat tires, transparent parts for headlights and tail lights, and a die-cast one-piece chassis for authentic weighty feel.
• Assembly options include rooftop hatch in open or closed position, quadruple smoke dischargers (usually seen on command cars), and MINIMI machine gun.
• Interior has recreations of seat, dashboard and accessories such as fire extinguisher.
• Kit comes with seated driver figure depicted in the latest JGSDF body armor.
• 3 marking options for vehicles with domestic JGSDF units are included.
• Window frames with dampers
• Figure depicted in the latest JGSDF uniform
• New antennae
• Rear stowage rack
• 3 marking options